Sunday 20 October 2013

Just as I am, thou will receive



Regardless of our shame, our pain, or our fears, we can confidently approach God’s throne because there is no judgement in His eyes, only love. He alone knows the rejection we have faced, He alone knows the abuse of our past, He alone knows the number of tears we have shed, He alone knows what troubles we face. He has walked in our shoes, and totally understands why we do the things we do.


Today He wants to give us succour and strength. He doesn’t care about how messed up we might be; He doesn’t want us to clean up first before reaching out. He wants us just as we are. He knows we cannot clean up ourselves; only He can do that job for us. Just like He reached out to the Adulterous Woman, bruised and battered, He is also reaching out to us, bruised and battered as we might be by life. He has no condemnation in His eyes, only love, understanding and help. He is willing, always willing to help us, if we will only let Him. Like the Prodigal Son, who went to his father looking malnourished and in rags, we too can go to God just as we are. He is willing and able to restore us again and clothe us in royalty and sonship.

This is equally true for Christians who have fallen and who feel too condemned to return back to the Lord. Like Peter in the video above, it can be very painful to realise that we have somehow 'disappointed' God. Our thoughts make us feel useless and worthless to God and alienated from Him. 

We feel He could never love us again or trust us again. But that's not true. Our faith should not be hinged on our feelings, but on God's Word. He has promised that He will always love us, not when we are good, but even when we make poor choices. His love is not conditional, it is from everlasting to everlasting. If we can just believe and confess our sins, He is merciful to forgive us and restore us. After Peter repented, Jesus reinstated him as the head of the early church. God is still able to perfect His purpose for our lives if we will return back to Him.

No one else can help us. No man, woman or child, drugs, money, career, or pleasure can heal our brokenness or pain. Even if they try, it will be for a short while. Only He can give us the Rivers of Living Water to quench our thirst. Come just as you are to the Fountain, drink freely and receive peace & strength.
He loves you. Oh! How much He loves you!


"Just As I Am"
Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bid’st me come to Thee,

O Lamb of God, I come! I come!

Just as I am, though tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt;
Fightings and fears within without,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!

Just as I am, and waiting not
to rid my soul of one dark blot,
to thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
Sight, riches, healing of the mind;
Yea, all I need, in Thee to find,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!

Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because Thy promise I believe,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!


----------------------------------------------
Image courtesy:http://applecherrypipz.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/gods-love.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment